Monday, January 25, 2010

Dad, I Think That is the Best Thing You've Done.

I've been doing this film/video thing for about 8 years now. When I type it out loud, it seems like a really big number. Damn, I'm old. I remember meeting Ken and asking him how I can make a simple photo montage with music. Nowadays, you can do that in 2-3 mouse clicks. But, back in the olden days, you had to actually put your photos on the timeline and resize them to fit your safe margins and do transitions between the pictures individually because it needs to be timed for the music...just so. I've definitely come a long way since then and none of it would have been possible without Ken believing in us and investing a lot behind it. Thanks man. Annnnnnd that's enough bromancing for the day. ;-)

8 years ago, my daughter was only 3 years old. From my baptism of fire with Pinnacle Studio, to Edition, to Adobe Premiere and finally to the happy care-free days of using Final Cut Pro, Jemara has usually been nearby. I don't know if was to watch me work or because she's Daddy's Little Girl, but she's always been very attentive and sometimes my harshest critic. Always very honest with me and I've been very respectful of her opinion.

Today she said, "Dad, I think that is the best thing you've done." It was a very telling moment for me and I don't know if she realized just how affected I was by her words. It really meant a lot she felt that way. Especially since I might have to disagree with her, ever slightly. It is the best thing WE'VE done...so far.



Cloudy Logic has just scratched the surface. We have a LOT more in store for you crazy kids. Just wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment