Thursday, June 10, 2010

2 Down. 13 To Go.

When I paid a visit to NJ to hang out with my sis and her hubby, she cooked for me. As unassuming as this may sound, take note this was the first time, in my near 40 years of existence, she's cooked a real meal for me. This blog isn't supposed to talk about my personal side, but let's just say it was the best roast chicken I've ever had in my life. That really was a great trip. Thanks again Angie and CMo for hosting me.

Trust me, there's something film making related to this blog.

My sister ordered me the cookbook with the roast chicken recipe in it. I kept raving about this chicken and finally, today, Jemara and I took our shot at it. I took some pictures of the event. I did all my post-production using Magic Bullet Looks. It's a GREAT easy-to-use utility for some really quick and effective looks/effects. I used it extensively in Cutty Lue's "Just a Thought" music video. I've only used it one other time for playing with pictures. If Photoshop got busay with Picnik, their spawn would be MB Looks. Check it out.

The new usual suspect:


The plan:


Prep. If you know me and my kids, you know this isn't the first time Jemara's been in the kitchen.






Frown if you must. A few years ago, Jemara asked me how to use the wine bottle opener, so I taught her.


See. Not all of it was for drinking.



Giving the bird it's last rites and final baptism.


I didn't really do much color correction on this pic. I just opened it up about half a stop. I wanted ya'll to see this for it's natural beauty.


Enjoying the fruits of her labor.


Order Jacques Pepin's More Fast Food My Way and try out some of his delicious recipes. Jemara said that this summer, while she's out of school, she wants to cook 15 dishes out of his book. We did two tonight and the house couldn't smell more delightfully yummy.

The light was really pretty on our back patio, so I took a pic of it.


And finally, to keep the fans happy. Here's a couple of sky pics. ;-)


No, I didn't put that rainbow there in post. Seriously, I didn't. It was in the sky, hence why I took a pic of it.

Keep smiling people.

2 comments:

  1. i can't believe how much happier you are on vacation. how's that beard treating you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy ALL the time hon. Just happier when I'm free from the bonds of my day job. The beard is settling in nicely...very nicely.

    ReplyDelete