Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Wizarding World of Long Lines

Yesterday, I decided to brave the record crowds, heat and turbulent weather to take the family to the grand opening of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. If there were any doubts to my insanity, you can now cast them aside. I truly am a madman...and we all had a BLAST! Here are some pics for your enjoyment.

Here's a couple views of the lines.



There were choppers aplenty.


Some pics taken while we stood in line to enter The Wizarding World...for 6 hours!




Jemara tried her hand at photography and actually took some really good pics. Here's one of my favorites, because I didn't have to teach her depth-of-field...she just knew how to do it.


More pics taken during the wait.




Finally, we traversed the entrance and made it to The Promised Land!


















Of course I'd stand in line for 6 hours just for this smile on her face.


More shots from within Universal's new cash cow.




A few pics taken on the way out.




We had a great (and exhausting) time and Jemara is looking forward to return trips so she can get some more Chocolate Frogs.

2 comments:

  1. beyond lovely!!! wish i were there...not! haha ok i wish i were there after the 302948204 hrs of waiting. mmmm butterbeerz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hon. Yeah, I don't know if I'll be returning until when Fall really hits Orlando...early December. ;-)

    ReplyDelete