Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Trying to Get Caught Up

I took a week and a half off from my day job just so I can crank stuff out, and I've been doing just that. Unfortunately, I've neglected the blog in the process. Don't worry, I'm going to knock out a few posts here in the next few days, starting with this one.

A buddy of mine, Vadinne, sent a few cool things my way. One is this vid done by the same dude who did the Chrono Trigger: Short Action Scene, I blogged about a couple weeks ago (the vid had only 15,000 views when I posted my blog...now it's almost to 1.2 mil!). I would love to do a stop motion film sometime, but they're very time consuming. Still though, I love seeing stuff this good out there:


She also sent me this link which shows that Hollywood obviously like to use this particular prop.

And this link which shows what movie posters would look like if they went with their original casting.

And this pretty cool pic:

Jemara, being her father's daughter, wanted to show me something she caught on one of the vlogs her big brother shared with her. The vloggers got a new camera and it's a Canon 7D. The video is pretty long, so skip ahead to the 2:00 mark and watch some of the shots he got the first time he took the camera out (ends around the 8:20 point):

When Jemara watched it with me she said, "Dad, I know you guys can shoot better, but it is still pretty cool they got those shots." Yes it is baby girl, yes it is.

I used to be a pretty big fan of M. Night Shyamalan, until he started to put out crap. Hate him or not, he still gets to edit his films at Skywalker Ranch:


These two commercials entertain the hell out of me:



That's all I got for today. I've cleaned off some of the things I wanted to blog about. The next blog will cover some of the things I've been working on to help CLP get a bit more visibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment