Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Gettin' My Learn On

I've really got to get working on our new demo reel. We've got SO MUCH footage since the beginning of the year, I've got a lot to sort through and edit. Plus, I'm learning all this cool stuff in After Effects, I want to demo some of my prowess. Here was something I did a couple weeks ago just to experiment with titles, 3D spaces and depth-of-field:

My original attempt at making that was with using Particle World in After Effects, but unfortunately it does not recognize depth-of-field...which sucks! I've already put Red Giant Trapcode Particular on my wish list. So, to overcome Particle World's deficiencies, I had to do each title individually and manipulate the DOF via a camera in a 3D space. Turned out pretty cool, especially after I did some fine tuning and added the sound effects.

Ken has taken us a step further to becoming too legit to quit:

I hear if you have a CLP magnet on your vehicle, it will appreciate in value.

On other Lowrie news, Ken and Bren sent me this pic from Pensacola, where they've taken the camera to get some sunset footage:


I can't wait to get my hands on it! I mean the footage. Not the camera...or Ken.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment