Friday, April 30, 2010

Just Another Day

I've got to get my clothes ironed and my bag packed. I'm going to do a sleepover at Ken's house. Oh, and we're going to make a movie. This weekend is the Orlando 24 Hour Film Festival and we've got work to do. If you don't know, this is an insomniac film competition. The key word being "insomniac", meaning no sleep. I'm cool with it because I don't sleep much anyway, so I might as well be doing something productive...aside from watching Top Gear.

We've done these kind of competitions before. In fact, our success with a 72 hour competition helped to add fuel to the Cloudy Logic fire. An insomniac competition is simple. You're given your requirements (genre, character, dialog and props) at zero hour and you've got 24 more hours to make a movie. Pretty straight forward, huh? I implore all up-and-coming filmmakers to participate in an insomniac competition because it's a great learning experience. Plus, at the end of it, you have a film.

I'm going to try to keep status updates via that Twitter thing as the day progresses...if I'm not busy doing other things...a lot of other things. I'm really looking forward to it. We've got a lot of talent behind us this weekend. Not just with our film skills, but with everyone helping us. Cast and crew alike, I can't put into words how much it means to me to have so many people dedicating their time to our endeavor. I certainly hope we can put together something worth their personal investment. I think we will.

I've still got a bag to pack and get to bed. Ken is expecting me at 7AM, so I should consider turning in early...IF I can shut down my brain. For now, here's a few things to take with you on your way out:







Sleep tight kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment