Monday, May 3, 2010

Best 34 Hours Awake EVAR!

When I woke up at 5AM, on Saturday Morning, the first thing I said was, "The alarm doesn't go off for another 45 minutes and you know you aren't going to go back to sleep. [Expletive]!" Watched the news about the oil spill and didn't think about what the day was going to bring. Or at least, I tried my best to. No point in harping on the things you really have no control over, ya know?

34 hours later, when my mentals finally shut down for a few hours to give way to dreams, I know I did it with a big smile.

There is something about the spontaneity of an insomniac film competition. It isn't really an energy build up of anticipation and angst. At least it isn't for me. Not anymore, I guess. I just know, no matter what happens in the next 24-48-72 hours, we're going to have a film. Sometimes we have a good film and sometimes we have a bad one. Regardless, we have a film.

Words usually come easy to me, but I am at a loss for them right now. I guess it is kind of tough for me to explain the experience from my perspective. How do you describe a finite number of intricate details all falling into place at their appropriate time and you're left with something really...cool? If you can figure out how to put that into words, please share them with me. I'll buy the beers.

Thanks to everyone who helped us this past weekend. You all know who you are and I've thanked each and every one of you. I can't wait to share with you the creative piece of magic, you all assisted in making.

To everyone else...this is just the beginning. You wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment