Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's Been A Long Time...I Shouldn't Have Left You...

Since I did karaoke this past weekend, I keep thinking of songs I should have requested. Sorry it's been a while since I've blogged, but had a lil vacation and 'twas good! So, let me stuff your visual and mental pie hole with some goodies.

Christopher Nolan kicked ass with his Batman reboot as well as the damn near perfect The Dark Knight. He and his team are currently working on the next Batman project, but for now he's releasing a pretty cool film called Inception. Looking forward to seeing this one. Well, Joe Gordon-Levitt (co-starring in Inception and from 500 Days of Summer), is spearheading this project where people can submit anything for a documentary they are doing in conjunction with the upcoming release of the feature. Here's my contribution:



And here's Ken's:



Go out and upload your own! It doesn't have to be video. You can do a still, music, spoken word, whatever you want. Show the world what a dream looks like to you!

I love it when big name studios and actors take a chance on a concept. Sure this isn't an original idea, in fact I just watched Dark City recently, but it looks pretty cool:



My hero, Andrew Kramer, posted a short movie demonstrating a new tutorial. One day I'm going to do a vid and he'll post it on his blogpage, just you wait and see!

Super Punch is one of my new favorite websites. They post some really cool stuff. Here's something that is crazy cool. This guy took the famous elevator-river-of-blood scene from The Shining and re-did the whole thing in CGI! He did it for fun and in order for him to make it match, he had to research on how Stanley Kubrick did it on half scale miniature for the original. In the CG version the blood particles alone took a month to compute and render. That's insane! Go to the YouTube link and expand the description for the incredible details. Check it out here:



Something else I got from Super Punch and I should have blogged about it yesterday when the view count was only 303!



That's all I got for now. Chew on that for a couple of days while I sort through 500 pics taken over my vacation by my brother-in-law. It is always cool to teach folks something new and they rediscover talents long forgotten. Of course now, I've got to keep an eye over my shoulder as he's going to be competition. Look for the upcoming blog and you'll see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment