Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Everything Changes

I'm not saying that like it's a cliche. Mine hands hath gracefully embraced the plastic obsidian of photographing (and now film making) equipment which completely changes the game for us filmmakers. The Canon EOS 5D Mark II and the 7D. Wow wow wow. Seriously. That is all I could say for 4 hours straight. A never ending torrent of facial expressions associated with disbelief, shock and sincere awe. There is too much to tell, so I'll save it for a different blog. Plus, I'll have some footage to share with you. For now, here's an appetizer:



Just need to touch on a few things. Our award winning short film "Not So Far From Perfect" is now available for your viewing pleasure via this izonorlando.com link.

The last blog, I talked about the Inception movie dream documentary thingy they're doing. Take a look at Brenda's creation:



I've run across a lot of cool stuff on the web, I'd like to share. First, this is one of my favorite new photo related blogs. From Me To You, has some really remarkable, yet simple, photography. Just look at her pics and you can learn a lot about how effective depth-of-field and color correction are to a still. Not to mention, she lives, and takes most of her pics in Manhattan. I heart you Jamie.

This pic is crazy cool. Look down and read the description as well as scroll down to see more pics. Then you'll understand why I said the pic is crazy cool.

Ken shared with me that the season finale of "House" was shot entirely on a 5D. From that link I found this video which was also shot on a 5D.



I've said it before. These cameras are going to forever change film making.

Finally, I'll leave you on a very funny note:

No comments:

Post a Comment