Monday, April 12, 2010

Just a Few Thoughts

I know I keep taking these hiatuses from blogging and everyday, I intend on doing it, but somehow it just gets put to the wayside. I know I've got to get better at doing it. We'll see if this attempt proves more successful than others.

A couple weeks ago, we released the music video we did for Cutty Lue's remake of Just a Thought by Gnarls Barkley. This video spent a lot of time in post production as I wanted to learn how to give the footage a certain look. It was very time consuming, but I learned a lot about doing some cool effects with Magic Bullet and After Effects.

One of the things I've been doing by default, with both stills and video is basic color correction. Make sure your blacks are black and your whites are white, no pun intended. That is where you start.

After that, I played around with Magic Bullet and After Effects. I was finally able to find the look I wanted via Magic Bullet's Look and Misfire filters. Made the render times, damn near forever, but it was worth it. Here is a quick clip to show the difference between the raw footage, color corrected, and finally with the Magic Bullet effects.

Just A Thought - Color Correction Test from Willie Sheely on Vimeo.


I'll get back to blogging more often...I promise.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment